Monday, February 11, 2008

I hate this game

Back again in my second attempt to place in the Top 27 of the 7:40pm Full Tilt freeroll.
Could be a long night as I plan on playing at least three freerolls.
Three hands into the tournament, I picked up A-K of diamonds and raised to 180. 3 people called and the flop comes K-K-6. I bet, two people fold and 1 person was all in preflop on a short stack. I won a 420 chip pot. So far, so good.
On the 12th hand, I am dealt A-A and face a raise to 600, and a call. I re-raise all in for 1840 and I get called by both people, with them holding 3-3 and A-10. The flop is harmless but the turn is a 3. I'm dead to 2 aces. The poker Gods like me tonight though, as I get an Ace on the river and knock out two people, pushing my stack above 4000. All this probably means is that I'm going to get unlucky later in the tournament...
Three hands in a row, I'm dealt 4-4, 2-2 and 9-9, limping in each time but missing each time. Then after those three hands, I'm dealt J-J and get raised 150 so I re-raised to 400. Flop comes 10-5-4, and he bets so I raise. He re-raises me all in, for 800 more and I call. He has A-J. No pair, no draw...until he hits his ace on the river, knocking me back down to just over 1800. Ouch.
I limp in with J-10 of clubs and flop a straight draw and call a bet of 150. The turn brings me a flush draw as well as my straight draw and I call a bet of 200. However I miss both draws and I am down to 1440. The blinds are still low, at 25/50 so I have plenty of time to make a comeback, but I am on a bit of tilt so it isn't looking good.
With the blinds up to 40/80, and having just over 1000 in chips, I'm looking for a hand to move all-in with. Any pocket pair, big ace or suited face cards will do. I'm a little less patient in this tournament because the Full Tilt Canada Freeroll starts at 8:35pm, just an hour after this tournament starts. I decide to make my last stand with A-5. A short stack calls me with Q-Q but I hit an ace on the flop and pick up about 400 chips. Next hand I am big blind and limp in with K-2 and flop top pair. I check, then bet on the turn and get minimum raised. That should have been a sign but I called anyways and called another small bet on the river, losing about 500 chips to a set of 7's. Awesome. I pick up K-3 suited on the button and move all in, picking up the blinds when everyone folds. Next hand is 9-7 of spades and I move in again, getting called by Q-10 offsuit, and losing to two pair. This tournament couldn't have went any worse, but losing in 940th place is the same as losing in 28th place, and I saved a whole bunch of time. I gotta put any positive spin on this that I can. Onto the next freeroll...

No comments: